Colour thumbnail studies (February 2014)
Week 1’s assignment of Nathan Fowkes’ Colour and Light course at schoolism.com is to do 2 of these a day. (I’m doing the self taught version of the course.)
The task is to take inspiring artwork/photographs/film stills and try to re-capture the colour/lighting in a thumbnail within one hour for each image.
I can’t commit to “two a day” of these at the moment … but I try to do as many as I can. Will post the best of every month’s.
Here’s a list of sources for the original photos/artwork/film stills that I based these colour studies on:
1. Artwork by Pascal Campion
2. Painting for The Road to El Dorado by Paul Lasaine
3. Pink Soft Lake by Serrano77 (photo…?)
4. Film Still from Sakuran (2006)
5. Background Artwork from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (1984)
6. Photo taken from Felicia Day’s twitter feed.